- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom‘s Daniella Pineda has signed with UTA, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned. She was previously with Innovative.
The Universal blockbuster sequel will be the actress, writer and producer’s biggest role to date. After graduating from Mill College with a degree in sociology and radio journalism, she briefly worked at KALW San Francisco covering socio-political stories before trying to mount a career in writing and producing indie horror films. Instead, she was discovered via a series of satirical YouTube videos she made and began booking small parts on Men of a Certain Age, Inside Amy Schumer and High Maintenance. Those turned into recurring arcs on The CW’s The Originals and the TBS comedy The Detour and a series regular role on American Odyssey, which aired on NBC for one season.
Pineda recently appeared opposite writer-director Noel Wells in the indie comedy Mr. Roosevelt, which premiered last year at SXSW.
She continues to be repped by Kirsten Ames Management and Schreck Rose.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day