- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jurassic World has fallen.
The first trailer for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom brings back Chris Pratt’s hero Owen for the film, directed by J.A. Bayona and also starring Bryce Dallas Howard. Justice Smith, James Cromwell, Toby Jones and Jeff Goldblum are also in the mix for the sequel to the 2015 blockbuster, which earned $1.6 billion at the global box office and is the fourth-highest-grossing film of all time.
The trailer shows the anticipated return of Goldblum’s Ian Malcolm, who is seen testifying at a hearing apparently deciding the fate of the dinosaurs left on the island in the previous films. A volcano now threatens the lives of those dinosaurs, and our heroes must mount a rescue mission to save Owen’s lead raptor Blue. But while on the mission, Owen and Claire (Howard) uncover a conspiracy that could threaten mankind.
Colin Trevorrow, who directed 2015’s Jurassic World, wrote the script for Fallen Kingdom with Derek Connolly.
Universal’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is set to bow June 22, 2018.
Dec. 7, 6:27 p.m. An earlier version incorrectly listed Amanda Silver and Rick Jaffa as screenwriters on the project.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day