- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robinson is in talks to join Bryce Dallas Howard and likely Ty Simpkins, the kid actor from Iron Man 3 who is expected to receive an offer soon.
Logline details are being kept secret but Robinson will play the older brother to Simpkins’s character. The movie is being built as an ensemble.
Colin Trevorrow is directing the movie, which is being produced by Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley. Steven Spielberg, who is heavily involved in the casting process, is exec producing. Trevorrow wrote the screenplay with Derek Connolly.
Robinson was one of the stars in the coming-of-age drama Kings of Summer, released by CBS Films and once known as Toy’s House, which told of three boys building a house in the woods.
The 18-year-old actor is now into his fourth season on the ABC Family series Melissa and Joey.
He is repped by UTA, Principato Young and The Savage Agency.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day