- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jurnee Smollett will star in the Netflix thriller Lou, appearing opposite Allison Janney.
J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot is behind the project that will be directed by Anna Foerster (Westworld) from a script by Maggie Cohn.
The story centers on a woman whose daughter is kidnapped, so she teams up with the mysterious older woman next door to pursue the kidnapper — a journey into the wilderness that will test their limits and expose dark and shocking secrets from their pasts.
Abrams, Jon Cohen and Hannah Minghella will produce, with Braden Aftergood, Janney, Smollett and Lindsey Weber acting as executive producers.
Smollett, repped by CAA, Management 360 and Del Shaw, was recently seen in the HBO series Lovecraft Country, which earned a SAG nomination. Her upcoming credits include Netflix sci-fi feature Escape From Spiderhead.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tribeca Film Festival