- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A Just Dance movie is in the works after Sony Pictures’ Screen Gems label nabbed the motion picture rights for a film based on Ubisoft’s video game phenomenon.
Just Dance is a marquee dance game on Sony’s PlayStation platform that features a host of Sony Music artists. First released in 2009, the video game features such Sony Music artists as Shakira, Pharrell Williams, Alicia Keys, Camila Cabello, The Chainsmokers, Jennifer Lopez, Pink and Calvin Harris.
Ubisoft Film and Television and Olive Bridge Entertainment will develop and produce the project and eventually target the movie release around 120 million video game players worldwide.
Jason Altman and Margaret Boykin will produce for Ubisoft Film and Television, alongside Jodi Hildebrand and Will Gluck for Olive Bridge Entertainment.
Eric Paquette and Brian Dukes are overseeing for Screen Gems.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day