- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Joelle Carter, a lead on FX’s Justified, has joined the cast of the Lionsgate horror film Jessabelle.
Jessabelle stars Sarah Snook and Mark Webber; it is being directed by Kevin Greutert, director of Saw 3D and Saw VI.
Jessabelle centers on Jessie (Snook), who returns to her father’s Louisiana home after an accident robs her of the use of her legs. Once there, she must confront an enraged ghost. Little is known about Carter’s role except that she will play Sarah, the mother of Snook’s Jessie. Webber plays Preston, an old high school boyfriend of Snook’s character who helps her uncover a mystery about her family.
Robert Ben Garant, the writer on comedies Night at the Museum and The Pacifier, penned the script.
The horror project started production April 2 in Wilmington, N.C. Jason Blum and Principato Young Entertainment are producing.
Carter plays bad girl Ava Crowder on the Peabody Award-winning Justified, which completed its third season on April 10. She recently shot the indie comedy It’s Not You, It’s Me, which just completed production in Los Angeles. Her film credits include American Pie 2 and High Fidelity.
Carter is represented by Innovative Artists.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day