- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fast & Furious franchise director Justin Lin is back in the franchise game and back at Universal.
Lin, who helmed the last four Fast & Furious movies, has come aboard to direct the last installment of the studio’s Bourne action movies, sources confirm.
The new project is a follow-up to 2012’s The Bourne Legacy and will continue the adventures of Aaron Cross, the character played by Jeremy Renner.
Lin will join returning producer Frank Marshall as well as Jeffrey Weiner and Ben Smith from Captivate.
The movie is in development and has no writer on board. That gives Lin time to potentially do another project. The director left Fast & Furious 7 due to its accelerated schedule and didn’t have time to re-energize from franchise fatigue. It now seems like he’s slowly getting ready for a return to the tentpole business.
Lin is repped by CAA, Cinetic Management and Sloss Eckhouse Law.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day