- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Justin Lin‘s action-thriller Fast Five will open the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Fest Apr. 28.
It is his latest in The Fast and the Furious franchise, starring Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Jordana Brewster.
“We are excited and proud to present the Los Angeles premiere of Fast Five as our Opening Night film,” David Magdael, the fest’s co-director, said in a statement Friday. “Justin has been a part of our festival family since he was making short films back in his UCLA days. We remember when we premiered Better Luck Tomorrow nine historic years ago, and now to have his newest Hollywood action-thriller open the Fest is only fitting. Under Justin’s helm, The Fast and the Furious franchise continues to make film history, as he continues to create some of the most ethnically diverse Hollywood blockbusters.. This night will be a celebration of Justin as one of our directors who continues to excel through the industry and one who remains a true inspiration for our aspiring filmmakers.”
The festival, which takes place at the Director’s Guild of America (DGA), Laemmle’s Sunset 5 Theatres, and the CGV Cinemas located in Koreatown, ends May 7.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day