- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Screen Media Films has acquired North American rights to Cobie Smulders and Justin Long’s wedding comedy Literally, Right Before Aaron.
John Cho, Kristen Schaal, Peter Gallagher, Dana Delany and Lea Thompson are also among the cast of the pic, which debuted at the Tribeca Film Festival last month and will be released in theaters later this year. The effort marked the feature directorial debut of The Blacklist actor Ryan Eggold, who also wrote and edited the film. He also produced it with Cassandra Kulukundis, Alexandra Rizk Keane, Nancy Leopardi and Ross Kohn.
Literally, Right Before Aaron stars Long as a heartbroken man who returns home to attend the wedding of his ex-girlfriend, at which he does whatever he can to convince himself, and everyone else, that he is truly happy for her and ready to let her go.
The deal was negotiated between Seth Needle, senior vp worldwide acquisitions at Screen Media Films, and Jay Cohen at The Gersh Agency on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day