- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – U.K. indie banner Kaleidoscope Entertainment has hired Terry Dove to be director of theatrical distribution.
Dove, a former executive sales director of 20th Century Fox, joins Kaleidoscope having released close to 500 films over a 20-year career, including U.K. campaigns for Titanic, Minority Report, Ice Age and Little Miss Sunshine.
Dove was most recently involved in releasing a raft of independent titles and is set to begin at Kaleidoscope in January 2014.
He will be responsible for programming a slate of titles.
Recent Kaleidoscope titles include Joss Whedon‘s Much Ado About Nothing and Which Way Is The Front Line From Here? The Life and Time of Tim Hetherington.
Kaleidoscope Entertainment CEO Spencer Pollard described 2014 as a “key year for Kaleidoscope to establish itself firmly as a distributor of independent theatrical feature films and documentaries in the U.K.”
He added that “Terry will bring a huge amount of nous to help us achieve our goals.”
Dove said: “During these tough and challenging times in the U.K. market, particularly for independents, it was always going to take something special to excite me and make me feel I could be part of a distribution company that could make a difference.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day