- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Karate Kid 2 has kicked up some new writers.
Jeremiah Friedman and Nick Palmer have been tapped to work on the script for the sequel to Sony’s and Overbrook’s hit 2010 movie that starred Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan.
The duo are the latest scribes on the project; Zak Penn and team Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris also have worked on the script.
Breck Eisner was on board as director but is no longer involved, and sources cited a scheduling conflict as the reason for his departure.
While Friedman and Palmer don’t have any produced credits, they are known for their action comedy scripts.
They have Family Getaway set up at Warners with Todd Strauss-Schulson attached to direct; Secretaries Day set up at Columbia with Will Gluck producing; and Speeding Bullet set up at Universal with Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg producing.
They are repped by at UTA, Mosaic and attorney Warren Dern.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day