- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Karl Gajdusek, the scribe who wrote the upcoming Nicole Kidman–Nicolas Cage thriller Trespass, has been tapped for rewrite duties on Disney’s Joseph Kosinski project Horizons, formerly known as Oblivion.
Kosinski, the helmer behind Tron Legacy, came up with the concept for Horizons, a sci-fi actionner centering on a soldier assigned to patrol a desolate planet who meets a mysterious traveler, teaming up with Radical Pictures, the movie arm of graphic novel house Radical Publishing. Late last summer, the project was picked up by Disney, who quickly set William Monahan, the Oscar-winning scribe behind The Departed and Kingdom of Heaven, to write a draft.
Kosinski, Barry Levine, and Jeffrey Silver are producing the pic, which is a high priority as the studio.
Gajdusek, repped by Verve and Benderspink, worked on Warner Bros.’ Liam Neeson thriller Unknown and is writing Cradle Will Fall, a thriller Unique Pictures is producing for Screen Gems.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day