- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Beckinsale is in negotiations to star in Eliza Graves, a psychological thriller from Nu Image/Millennium.
Brad Anderson, whose thriller The Call opens today, is directing the tale, which is loosely based on one of Edgar Allan Poe’s early works, an 1845 short story titled The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether.
Beckinsale will play the title character of Eliza, a patient at a mental institution in which the inmates have taken over and are posing as doctors. She becomes the object of affection of a newly arrived Harvard Medical School grad who has no idea of the topsy-turvy world he just entered.
A June 21 production start date in Bulgaria is penciled in.
Producing are Bruce Davey, Mel Gibson, Mark Amin, Cami Winikoff and Oren Peli.
David Higgins, Christa Campbell and Lati Grobman are executive producing. Joe Gangemi wrote the script.
Beckinsale is the star of the long-running Underworld action franchise and last year starred with Colin Farrell in the remake of Total Recall.
She is repped by UTA, Media Talent Group and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day