- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Bosworth and Alfred Molina have joined the dark comedy The Devil Has a Name from director and co-star Edward James Olmos.
David Strathairn is already attached to the indie about a psychotic oil patriarch who exposes the industry as he attempts to outfight a bullish farmer whose water has been poisoned. Bosworth is to play an oil industry executive, and Molina the oil company boss.
Bosworth most recently starred in the BBC miniseries SS-GB and Crackle’s The Art of More. Her other credits include Superman Returns, Beyond the Sea, Still Alice, Blue Crush, 21 and Homefront.
Molina recently portrayed Robert Aldrich, the producer of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? on FX’s drama Feud. He also played the villain Doctor Octopus in Spider-Man 2.
Patrick Hibler, Robert McEveety, Stephen McEveety and Marty Eli Schwartz are producing for True Navigator Media, which is financing the picture.
Bosworth is repped by CAA and Management 360.
Feb. 7, 1 p.m. Updated with Alfred Molina’s casting.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival