- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate McKinnon and Mila Kunis are in talks to star in the action-comedy The Spy Who Dumped Me.
Lionsgate has won a bidding war for the hot script by Susanna Fogel (Life Partners). Fogel also will direct the story that centers on a woman who, after being dumped, realizes that her ex was a spy. He is now dead, so she and her friend, the only two people who know the truth, team up to complete his mission.
Imagine Entertainment is producing the project.
McKinnon is the breakout star of Saturday Night Live who was most recently seen in Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters with Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy and Office Christmas Party with Jason Bateman and Jennifer Aniston. She will soon be seen in the comedy Rough Night with Scarlett Johansson, which is set to hit theaters June 16. McKinnon also is attached to the comedy Women in Business with Emma Stone. She is repped by UTA and Hansen Jacobson.
Fogel wrote and directed the 2014 film Life Partners starring Leighton Meester and Gillian Jacobs. She also wrote and executive produced the series Chasing Life. Fogel is repped by UTA and Felker Toczek.
March 17, 1:40 p.m.: Updated to add that Kunis was also starring.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day