- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Winslet is in talks to join Woody Allen’s next movie.
As usual, the filmmaker’s next project is shrouded in secrecy, so nothing is known about the plot or the title of the pic. Allen’s latest film, Cafe Society, premiered at the Cannes Film Festival and will open in the U.S. on July 15 via Lionsgate and Amazon.
Winslet has never worked with the auteur before. This is the first high-profile casting for an Allen film since he was the subject of a rape joke at Cannes and a blistering essay by his son Ronan Farrow over allegations of child sexual abuse.
Winslet received a Golden Globe and Oscar nomination this year for her work in Steve Jobs. The British actress will next be seen in Collateral Beauty opposite Will Smith, and she is attached to star opposite Idris Elba in Fox and Chernin Entertainment’s The Mountains Between Us.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day