- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Winslet is in negotiations to join the all-star cast of Collateral Beauty, New Line’s unconventional drama being directed by David Frankel.
Will Smith leads a cast that already includes Helen Mirren, Ed Norton, Michael Pena and Naomie Harris. Keira Knightley is also in negotiations to join the cast.
The Allan Loeb-written script centers on a New York advertising exec (Smith) who experiences a deep personal tragedy. His colleagues devise a unique plan to break him out of his depression — which works, but not in a way that anyone imagined.
Earlier reports that Rachel McAdams was in negotiations proved to be premature.
Village Roadshow Pictures is co-producing/co-financing the project, which is targeting a mid-February start in New York. Collateral Beauty has just been slated for release on Dec. 16.
Winslet is making the awards circuit rounds currently due to her best supporting actress nomination for her work in Steve Jobs. She next appears in the crime thriller Triple 9, which opens Feb. 26.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day