- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lee joins from Hong Kong director and producer Peter Chan’s company We Distribution.
Lee will oversee all of the company’s growing Asian film development and production activities, and she will be based out of Ivanhoe’s Beijing and Hong Kong offices, reporting to CEO Penotti.
“Katherine has worked closely with some of the biggest names in Chinese cinema and her relationships and expertise will help Ivanhoe grow its core business in the coming years,” Penotti said in a statement.
Lee started her career in production in 1992 and has previously worked for Sylvia Chang, Fortissimo Film Sales and later Filmko Pictures, and as well as Chan, she has worked with Derek Yee, Jacob Cheung, Daniel Lee and Ann Hui.
Ivanhoe Pictures was formed last year with backing from Friedland. Last year the company announced a $130 million co-financing pact with Fox International Productions, concentrating on local language pictures in China, India, Korea, Japan and Taiwan.
More recently, the company partnered with Blumhouse Pictures and India’s Phantom Films to produce a slate of 10 Hindi-language genre films. The company also has a pact with producer Nina Jacobson to finance and co-produce Kevin Kwan‘s best-seller Crazy Rich Asians.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day