- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katherine Waterston will star opposite Michael Fassbender in Alien: Covenant, Ridley Scott’s latest Alien movie, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The pic, which is prepping for an early 2016 shoot in Australia, will serve as both a prequel to Scott’s 1979 classic Alien and a sequel to Alien prequel Prometheus.
Plot details are being kept off-planet, but sources say the story once again sees a space crew facing the deadly chest-bursting, acid blood-spewing creatures.
The casting caps an amazing year for Waterston, who had a breakout role in Paul Thomas Anderson’s Inherent Vice, then followed up by nabbing a leading role in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which is one of Warner Bros.’ big plays for 2016. In the fall, she portrayed Steve Jobs’ ex-girlfriend and the mother of his daughter in Steve Jobs.
Waterston is repped by UTA and Silver Linings Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Tonight Show