- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katherine Waterston will star opposite Michael Fassbender in Alien: Covenant, Ridley Scott’s latest Alien movie, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The pic, which is prepping for an early 2016 shoot in Australia, will serve as both a prequel to Scott’s 1979 classic Alien and a sequel to Alien prequel Prometheus.
Plot details are being kept off-planet, but sources say the story once again sees a space crew facing the deadly chest-bursting, acid blood-spewing creatures.
The casting caps an amazing year for Waterston, who had a breakout role in Paul Thomas Anderson’s Inherent Vice, then followed up by nabbing a leading role in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which is one of Warner Bros.’ big plays for 2016. In the fall, she portrayed Steve Jobs’ ex-girlfriend and the mother of his daughter in Steve Jobs.
Waterston is repped by UTA and Silver Linings Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day