- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Film sales and financing firm The Exchange will introduce the indie, to be directed by Dan Pringle, to foreign buyers at Cannes. Pringle and Toby Rushton wrote the screenplay for The Patriot, with Adam Merrifield and John Giwa-Amu producing and Angus Finney executive producing.
The film takes place in a future authoritarian state that has walled itself away from a world ravaged by climate chaos and resource wars. The Patriot follows an unquestioning border corp captain Kate Jones (Green) as she fights to defend the purity of the population, until a chance discovery makes her doubt the authorities she has pledged her allegiance and life to protect.
“With great talent attached to this powerful storyline, A Patriot will surely garner global theatrical distribution,” The Exchange CEO Brian O’Shea said in a statement.
Green is represented by Tavistock Wood Management and UTA. Bates is repped by ICM. And Skrein is repped by 42, CAA and Bloom, Hergott Diemer Rosenthal Laviolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day