- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Participant Media’s Ruth Bader Ginsburg biopic, On the Basis of Sex, has started production and has added a star-studded supporting cast.
Kathy Bates, Justin Theroux and Sam Waterston will join Felicity Jones, who will star as the young Supreme Court justice.
Also joining the cast, which already includes Armie Hammer, are Jack Reynor (Sing Street), Stephen Root (Get Out) and Cailee Spaeny (Pacific Rim: Uprising).
On the Basis of Sex follows Ginsburg as she fights for equal rights throughout her entire law career, which began at Harvard University and Columbia Law School and led to Washington. Emmy winner Mimi Leder is directing from the 2014 Black List script by Ginsburg’s nephew, Daniel Stiepleman.
Robert Cort is producing the pic, with Participant’s Jeff Skoll and Jonathan King of Participant executive producing. Karen Loop and Betsy Danbury will also executive produce.
Focus Features will distribute the movie domestically. Alibaba and eOne are among the international output partners, with Lionsgate selling all available international territories.
Below is a first look image of Jones as Ginsburg.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day