- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katie Cassidy is set to play the title character in The Scribbler, “a mind-bending thriller feature” that begins production this week with an impressive ensemble cast.
Cassidy joins a cast that includes Garret Dillahunt (Winter’s Bone), Michelle Trachtenberg (Gossip Girl), Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse), Gina Gershon (How to Make It in America), Michael Imperioli (The Sopranos), Billy Campbell (The Killing), Sasha Grey (The Girlfriend Experience), Ashlynn Yennie (The Human Centipede), Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) and T.V. Carpio (Limitless).
Cassidy plays Suki, a young woman dealing with multiple-personality disorder who undergoes an experimental procedure to cure her illness that involves a machine named “The Siamese Burn.” John Suits directs a script Daniel Schaffer adapted from his own graphic novel, which was published by Image Comics in 2006.
New Artist Alliance founder Gabriel Cowan will produce alongside NightSky productions Ken F. Levin. Caliber’s Dallas Sonnier and Jack Heller will executive produce the film alongside NAA’s Kerry Johnson. The Scribbler is the first of four films in a co-production between NAA, which specializes in low-budget films, and the management-production firm Caliber Media. Caliber reps Cowan and Suits as director clients.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day