- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brenton Thwaites is the young star of the sci-fi project, which tells of a society in which there is no conflict, racism or sickness.
Thwaites plays a young boy who is selected for his life service as the Receiver of Memories and works with The Giver (Bridges), an old man who teaches the boy to use his unique gifts of the senses. Streep is the society’s Chief Elder, an authoritative and antagonistic woman who assigns the young their tasks.
Holmes will play Thwaites’ mother, a strict obeyer of the laws that govern what is described as an antiseptic society.
The movie, which is eyeing a budget of around $25 million, is being produced by Nikki Silver of Tonik Productions along with Neil Koenigsberg and Bridges.
Michael Mitnick wrote the most recent script adapting the Lois Lowry YA novel.
A shoot in South Africa is being planned, although it is likely that Steep will shoot her scenes in England, where she is filming Disney’s Into the Woods.
Holmes is repped by ICM Partners, John Carrabino Management and Sloane Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Ellen DeGeneres Show