- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scott Beck and Bryan Woods wrote and are directing the movie, which began production this week in Kentucky. The duo are rising thriller-meisters who wrote A Quiet Place, a Paramount chiller that just wrapped production with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt.
The story is set on Halloween and tells of a group of friends who encounter an “extreme” haunted house that promises to feed on their darkest fears. The night turns deadly as they come to the horrifying realization that some nightmares are real.
Will Brittain (Everybody Wants Some) stars in the movie, along with Lauryn Alisa McClain, Andrew Caldwell and Shazi Raja.
Sierra/Affinity is financing and producing the project for worldwide distribution.
Producing with Roth are Todd Garner of Broken Road banner, as well as Mark Fasano, Ankur Rungta and Vishal Rungta of the Nickel City banner.
Sierra/Affinity’s Nick Meyer, Marc Schaberg and Josie Liang, Broken Road’s Jeremy Stein and Sean Robins and Nickel City’s Tobias Weymar will serve as executive producers.
The Bold Type debuted this year and was recently picked up for a second and third season. Stevens starred in the comedy series Faking It and will appear in the horror movie Polaroid, which opens Nov. 22. She is repped by CAA and Impression Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day