- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN – Katja Eichinger, the widow of recently deceased film producer Bernd Eichinger (Downfall), will write a biography of her late husband, one of the giants of the German and international film scene.
Eichinger has signed a book deal with German publisher Hoffmann and Campe for the book, which will make use of Bernd Eichinger’s diary and private as well as business archives. The publishers said it was Eichinger’s wish that his wife, a film journalist, author his biography.
Kajta Eichinger met her future husband during the shooting of Tom Tykwer‘s Perfume – The Story of a Murderer, which Bernd Eichinger produced.
The producer, whose credits also included The Neverending Story, The Baader-Meinhof Complex and the Resident Evil and Fantastic Four franchises, died suddenly of a heart attack at a restaurant in Los Angeles on Jan. 24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day