- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A lawsuit has been filed against comedian and actor Katt Williams by his former personal assistant for allegedly hitting her.
According to the complaint filed Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court, the comic and star of the upcoming Scary Movie 5 flew into a rage Nov. 6, at first threatening to strike former assistant Melissa Ishage by raising an open hand to her. Williams then followed through on his threat by hitting Ishage with “a closed fist,” the complaint states, causing “serious injury” to her.
The filing also alludes to “prior acts of threats” made by Williams toward his employee. No arrests were made in connection with the incident.
Ishage is seeking $5 million in causes of action for assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress, plus hospital and legal fees.
A call to Williams’ reps for comment was not immediately returned.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day