- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox Searchlight has acquired the rights to Suzanne Rindell’s debut novel, The Other Typist, as a vehicle for Keira Knightley, who is attached to star in and produce.
Published by Amy Einhorn Books/Putnam in May, the novel revolves around Rose, a lonely and isolated typist in a police precinct who strikes up a friendship with a beautiful and mysterious co-worker who introduces her to the glamorous and forbidden underworld of 1920s New York.
Kirkus Reviews described the novel as “a deliciously addictive, cinematically influenced page-turner, both comic and provocative” that combines “a dollop of Alfred Hitchcock, a dollop of Patricia Highsmith, [and] some Great Gatsby flourishes.”
Knightley, who starred in last year’s Anna Karenina, will next be seen opposite Chris Pine in Jack Ryan, which Paramount plans to release Dec. 25.
The project will be overseen by Searchlight’s senior vp production Zola Mashariki and director of production DanTram Nguyen.
Knightley is represented by CAA and Lindy King of United Agents in the U.K. and is managed by Adam Isaacs of The Schiff Co. Rindell is repped by CAA and Emily Forland at Brandt & Hochman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day