- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jordan Peele has found the leads for his newest directorial project.
Actress and recording artist Keke Palmer has signed to star in the feature project while Daniel Kaluuya, who famously toplined Peele’s Get Out, is in negotiations to reunite with the filmmaker.
Details for the project are being kept secret, but Peele once again wrote the script and is directing and producing. Ian Cooper of Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions is also producing.
The movie already has a release date of July 22, 2022.
Senior vp production Sara Scott and creative executive Tony Ducret are overseeing the project on behalf of Universal.
Palmer has been appearing in both TV and film steadily, starring in recent shows Star and Scream: The TV Series, while also appearing in movies such as the splashy hit Hustlers. Last year she earned a Daytime Emmy nomination for co-hosting Strahan, Sara and Keke and released a video aimed at raising voter turnout that went viral.
Kaluuya is currently earning raves for portraying Black Panther Party leader Fred Hampton in Warners’ Judas and the Black Messiah. The role has earned him Golden Globe and SAG nominations.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day