- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ken Jeong is reuniting with Michael Bay for Pain And Gain, the director’s dark-comedy action thriller for Paramount.
Small-scale compared to Bay’s Transformers movies ($200-plus budgets compared to this one’s $35 million), the project is based on the true story of body builders in Miami Beach who headed a kidnapping and extortion ring that went awry.
STORY: Writer Scott Rosenberg Boards Michael Bay’s ‘Pain & Gain’ (Exclusive
Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson are starring in the pic alongside Ed Harris, Tony Shaloub, Anthony Mackie and Bar Paly.
Character details are being kept close to the vest, but Jeong, who scene-chewingly worked with Bay in Transformers: Dark of the Moon, will play a character named Johnny Wu.
The movie just began shooting in Miami.
Jeong, known for his scene-stealing work in the Hangover movies, is also part of the ensemble cast of NBC’s Community. He will be front and center in the May 17 episode titled The Chang Dynasty.
The actor is repped by UTA, Aligned Entertainment and Stone Meyer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day