- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kerry Washington is attached to star in and produce a feature adaptation of Diane Cardwell’s memoir Rockaway.
Washington will play a Manhattan journalist who unexpectedly discovers the power of surfing, and finds herself running from the comfortable life she’s always known towards a life of romance and self-discovery in eclectic Rockaway Beach.
Nichelle Tramble Spellman — who is behind AppleTV+’s Truth Be Told — will adapt the screenplay.
Liza Chasin will produce via her 3dot Productions under a first-look deal with the streamer. Washington and Pilar Savone will produce for Simpson Street, along with Todd Shuster for Aevitas Entertainment. Cardwell and Margaret Chernin will executive produce.
Washington previously worked with Netflix on the movie musical Prom and will return to the streamer in the upcoming fantasy adaptation The School for Good and Evil. She is repped by CAA, Washington Square Arts, and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day