- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kevin Costner just can’t resist starring in an inspirational sports drama.
The venerable actor, whose resume includes Field of Dreams and last year’s Draft Day, is returning to one of his favorite genres with McFarland USA, playing a track coach who appears to be in over his head at a rural high school.
Coach White (Costner) uses unusual methods to motivate his athletes. “You’re our anchor, Danny, and not because you’re fat,” the coach says, before adding: “You are a little fat, OK, so better lose some weight.” The coach later gets a taste of his own medicine when he receives a jab about his scent.
Disney releases the film Feb. 20, 2015, presumably hoping it’s a bigger hit for the studio than last spring’s similarly themed Million Dollar Arm.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day