- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It marks Costner’s first deal since last month’s Emmy victory for his lead role in Hatfields & McCoys and is the second time that Relativity and EuropaCorp are teaming on a project.
Written by Luc Besson and Adi Hasak, the project, according to the companies, “explores a story about Secret Service agent Ethan Runner, who discovers he’s dying and decides to retire in order to reconnect with his estranged family. But when the Secret Service offers him access to an experimental drug that could save his life in exchange for one last assignment, he soon finds himself trying to juggle his family, his mission and the drug’s hallucinatory side effects.”
Besson will produce with Virginie Besson-Silla, Hasak and Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh. Relativity’s president Tucker Tooley will executive produce.
Relativity and EuropaCorp are making Malavita, a thriller being directed by Besson and starring Robert De Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer. McG, repped by WME, Management 360 and Sloane Offer, most recently directed this year’s This Means War, starring Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon.
Costner is shooting Jack Ryan for Paramount. He is repped by WME, One Talent Management and Jeffer Mangels.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Green Knight
Sir Anthony Hopkins