- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kevin Costner is joining the all-star cast of Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained, the filmmaker’s spaghetti Western about a slave in the Old South who teams with a German bounty hunter to search for his wife.
Costner joins a cast that already such bold-faced names as Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Samuel L. Jackson, and Christoph Waltz.
Costner’s role is a departure from his good-guy roles and a cannonballing into the part of a vile and sadistic trainer of slaves who are forced to fight in death matches for a plantation owner (DiCaprio, also departing from his usual).
Foxx is Django, a man in search of his wife while Waltz is the German who helps him on his quest. Jackson is a head slave who works for DiCaprio and relishes his status over other slaves.
Django ist the second high-profile gig snagged by Costner, once of the biggest studio stars. He recently nabbed the part of Superman’s Earth-bound father, Pa Kent, in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel movie.
Costner is repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day