- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kevin Hart will star in the newly announced Universal action-comedy On the Run, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Aeysha Carr (Carmichael Show, Brooklyn Nine-Nine) will pen the movie, which was picked up as a pitch and follows a hitman (Hart) whose assignment goes awry when the target isn’t who he expects. Kristen Lowe will oversee production for the studio.
Girls Trip producer Will Packer will produce via his Will Packer Productions alongside Hart through his Hartbeat banner. On the Run will be the latest in a long partnership for the producer and star, which includes the Ride Along franchise and the upcoming Universal comedy Night School.
Hart will next be seen in Sony’s Jumanji reimagining, due out on Christmas. He is repped by UTA, 3 Arts and Schreck Rose.
Carr, who is currently writing the Hart-produced Showtime show The Studio, is repped by ICM, 3 Arts and Stone Genow.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day