- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kevin From Work star Noah Reid has a new gig.
Reid has nabbed the lead in the indie crime thriller Cardinal from directors Grayson Moore and Aidan Shipley. The movie role follows Kevin From Work, the Freeform workplace comedy in which Reid played the title character, being canceled after one season in early March.
In Cardinal he will play Mark Loekner, the unstable son of a man killed in a vehicle accident who arrives on the doorstep of a woman just released from prison for drunk driving and now vacationing with her family. The ensemble cast includes Sheila McCarthy, Peter MacNeill, Katie Boland and Grace Glowicki.
Filming on Cardinal, from Touchpoint Films and Dazmo Camera, will run through mid-April in southern Ontario. The indie has financing from Telefilm Canada.
Kevin From Work, a single-camera workplace comedy, starred Reid as a young man who declares his unrequited love for his co-worker Audrey (Paige Spara). Grace Glowicki is repped by Cinetic Media.
April 1, 1:15 p.m. Updated with Grace Glowicki added to Cardinal ensemble cast.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day