- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Our favorite high school heroes are back in action in a new red-band trailer for Kick-Ass 2.
Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse reunite for the follow-up to the 2010 comedy.
Based on the comic books written by Mark Millar and illustrated by John Romita Jr., director Jeff Wadlow‘s sequel sees Kick-Ass (Taylor-Johnson) and Hit-Girl (Moretz) going up against Red Mist (now calling himself The Mother F—er), who is plotting a serious act of revenge.
“I’m building an evil army,” the new villain says in the new clip.
A new addition to the gang of oddball superheroes is Colonel Stars and Stripes, played by Jim Carrey, and his crime-fighting dog.
Carrey looks quite different as the masked patriotic hero, due to prosthetics and makeup that have been added to his face.
He recently told The Hollywood Reporter: “What I’m finding out is that you don’t have to alter yourself a hell of a lot to be completely a different person.”
Carrey said that he had prosthetics added to his jaw, forehead and nose for the role.
“I’m having a lot of fun throwing myself into these smaller parts and burying myself in the character,” he said.
Kick-Ass 2 hits theaters on August 16.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day