- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sara Malakul Lane is joining the cast of Kickboxer, the martial arts remake from Radar Pictures.
Guardians of the Galaxy star and newly minted James Bond villain Dave Bautista and X-Men: Days of Future Past stunt performer-turned-actor Alain Moussi also are set to star. Jean-Claude Van Damme is returning to the franchise that helped launch his career, while UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre — who played Batroc in Captain America: The Winter Soldier — is also in the cast.
John Stockwell is directing the movie, which began production this week.
Kickboxer follows Kurt Sloane (Moussi), a talented martial artist who travels to Thailand, where he must learn the secrets of the kickboxer to avenge his brother’s death at the hands of Tong Po (Bautista).
Lane will play Sloane’s love interest, a detective investigating his brother’s death.
Model-actress Lane, whose credits also include TV movie Sharktopus, is repped by Bryan Brucks at Luber Roklin Entertainment and Jackoway Tyerman.
Ted Field, Dimitri Logothetis and Nick Celozzi are producing. Mike Weber and Peter Meyer are executive producing alongside Brian O’Shea, Nat McCormick and Jeff Bowler from The Exchange, which is selling worldwide rights.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sundance Film Festival