- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kiefer Sutherland is in final negotiations to star as the villain in Pompeii, the 3D Roman disaster movie being directed by Resident Evil maestro Paul W.S. Anderson.
Game of Thrones actor Kit Harington is starring in the movie, which began shooting in Toronto last week. Constantin Film is financing and producing the big-budget title.
The movie is set in 79 A.D. in the days before the eruption of Mount Vesuvius, one of history’s great disasters.
Harington is playing a slave stuck on a ship who must race against time to save his true love, his master’s daughter, as well as his best friend, a gladiator trapped in the coliseum when the destruction begins.
Jared Harris is playing Harington’s master, a wealthy merchant, while Emily Browning is his daughter.
Sutherland will play a Roman senator who enslaved Harington’s village. The scheming senator forces the merchant to give his daughter’s hand in marriage to him.
Sutherland, the star of 24 and now of Fox’s Touch, appeared in Lars von Trier’s Melancholia and recently starred in indie thriller The Reluctant Fundamentalist.
He is repped by CAA, Management 360, and Lichter Grossman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Lisa Marie Presley