- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kiersey Clemons is in talks to join Disney’s live-action/CGI remake of Lady and the Tramp.
Clemons would play one of the film’s live-action roles, Darling, the owner of Lady. Justin Theroux will voice Tramp, the streetwise mutt who tries to win over the pampered Cocker Spaniel after she ends up on the street once her owners have a baby. Ashley Jensen has also been cast to voice Scottish Terrier Jackie.
Charlie Bean (The Lego Ninjago Movie) is directing the remake, which is expected to debut on Disney’s upcoming digital streaming service, which is set to launch in 2019. Andrew Bujalski wrote the script for the adaptation, and Jessica Virtue and Chaz Salembier are overseeing for Disney.
Clemons, who is repped by UTA, MJMG, Mach 1 and Jackoway Austen, is in theaters now with the Sundance indie Hearts Beat Loud. She is set to star in the Blumhouse feature Sweetheart from Sleight director J.D. Dillard.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day