- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kieth Merrill will direct the faith-based film The Final Service, based on the upcoming book by Gary W. Moore, for Night Fox Entertainment.
Said to be inspired by true events, Service, which will be published by Savas Beatie in May, 2016, concerns a 40-year-old woman who is self-destructing until her belief system is challenged by an unexpected source.
Merrill, who will also rewrite the screenplay, is an Oscar-winner for the 1973 documentary feature The Great American Cowboy and has directed such features as Windwalker, Harry’s War and The 12 Dogs of Christmas.
“Keith is the perfect storyteller to bring this tale of faith, family and understanding to the screen,” said Night Fox chairman and CEO Timothy Christian in making the announcement.
Indie finance and production company Night Fox co-financed the apocalyptic tale Z for Zachariah, starring Chiwetel Ejiofor, Margot Robbie and Chris Pine, which Roadside Attractions is releasing on Aug. 28.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery