- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Astrid Berges-Frisbey is in talks to play Guinevere, the iconic lover of Arthur Pendragon, in Knights of the Roundtable: King Arthur, Warner Bros.’ epic retelling of the British legend.
Guinevere, of course, is Arthur’s ladylove, who eventually betrays him for the knight Lancelot, creating a messy triangle that contributes to the downfall of shimmering Camelot.
In Ritchie’s movie, the first of a planned series, the love story is in the blooming stages, with the young princess saving the young prince and helping him believe in himself.
A, kiva Goldsman, Lionel Wigram, Tory Tunnell and Joby Harold are producing. Niija Kuykendall and Cate Adams are overseeing for the studio.
Berges-Frisbey is the French actress who nabbed the high-profile role of the mermaid Syrena in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. She also appeared in Mike Cahill’s I Origins.
Berges-Frisbey is repped CAA, Lichter Grossman and France’s ACT 1.
1:30 PM Sept. 19. Updated to reflect that Idris Elba is no longer involved with the movie project. The part of Bedivere, the right-hand man of Arthur’s father, who teaches the lad how to be a leader, is uncast.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day