- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword shows that at first, Charlie Hunnam is reluctant would-be king.
The stylized take on the story is directed by Guy Ritchie, with Hunnam playing the monarch. The film also stars Jude Law as a ruler Vortigern, who is worried about a legend stating a sword will be drawn from the stone by the true king. As the trailer shows, the sword has been hidden under water for some time, and Vortigern becomes quite worried when the water recedes to reveal the sword. For his part, Arthur isn’t so sure about his destiny, but eventually finds his groove.
David Beckham and Djimon Hounsou are also in the cast.
The trailer comes months after a first teaser debuted at San Diego Comic-Con last year. Warner Bros’/Village Roadshow will release King Arthur: Legend of the Sword May 12.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day