- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eggsy (Taron Egerton) is back — and with some southern charm for Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
The trailer was set to debut Monday on CBS’ The Late Late Show, but it hit online early.
Director Matthew Vaughn’s followup to the 2015 hit also sees the return of Colin Firth, who is joined by series newcomers Channing Tatum, Halle Berry, Elton John and Jeff Bridges.
A different trailer, with quite a bit more plot detail, screened last month at CinemaCon. The full breakdown is here, but the long and the short of it is that after the Kingsman headquarters is blown up, Eggsy and Merlin (Mark Strong) must travel to Kentucky, to get some help of some southern spies — and for a surprise reunion with Harry (Firth). Upon going to Kentucky, they meet Tatum’s character — a spy whose gadgets include a lasso that can cut a man in two.
Fox is releasing Kingsman: The Golden Circle on Sept. 22.
April 24, 10:11 p.m. A previous version of this story incorrectly listed the release date of the film as Sept. 29. THR regrets the error.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Venice Film Festival
San Sebastian International Film Festival