- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When it comes to promoting September’s Kingsman: The Golden Circle, 20th Century Fox is aiming for the stars … or, at least, the moon.
A new promo for the movie suggests that next week’s solar eclipse not only isn’t the natural phenomenon the world believes it to be, but that it’s a massive marketing stunt to get people to pay attention to The Golden Circle.
It’s a topical, if unusual, marketing angle, but this isn’t a stand-alone effort — the studio also will be offering special “Harry Hart” glasses to help view the eclipse (with one eye blacked out, a la Colin Firth’s character in the movie), and has named this Monday as #GoldenCircleDay, describing it as an “upcoming holiday” related to the movie … which might suggest some more unexpected promotion is to come.
Whether or not Kingsman: The Golden Circle features any eclipse, lunar or solar, won’t be known until the movie’s release Sept. 22.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day