- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Via the deal, the Emmy nominee will develop and produce feature film content for Netflix, which will release the third and final installment of The Kissing Booth franchise in August. King is an executive producer on the feature.
“My relationship with Netflix started five years ago with me in a state of disbelief that I was getting to lead one of their first original YA films,” said King. “I’ve always had a lot of ideas and opinions, but now I have an outlet for those ideas and with a company that couldn’t be more collaborative.”
Ian Bricke, vp independent film at Netflix, described King as a “formidable talent and a wonderful creative partner,” adding, “With the final Kissing Booth releasing this summer, we’re thrilled to be Joey’s creative home in the next phase of her evolving career.”
King, who is repped by UTA, Industry Entertainment and Hirsch Wallerstein, will next star opposite Brad Pitt in Sony’s action-thriller Bullet Train, which is due out on April 8, 2022. She wrapped production on The In Between, based on her original story pitch, for Paramount Players, and is attached to star in and produce the Hulu limited series A Spark of Light, based on the Jodi Picoult novel of the same name.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day