- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Knives Out centers on a detective (Craig) investigating a murder when he comes across an eccentric, combative family.
“I’ve been a die-hard Agatha Christie fan since I was a teenager,” Johnson said at CinemaCon in April. “Knives Out was my attempt to take everything I love about an Agatha Christie who-done-it, jam it into an all-star cast, give it a Hitchcock thriller, genre twist and set it in modern-day America.”
Johnson last directed Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Before that he built a following for his genre films, such as his noir-tinged debut feature Brick (2006), and the time traveling drama Looper (2012). He is also developing a new trilogy of Star Wars films for Lucasfilm.
Knives Out, from Lionsgate and MRC, opens Nov. 27. MRC is owned by Valence Media, which is also the parent company of The Hollywood Reporter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Locarno Film Festival
We Cry Together