- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kristen Schaal, who is garnering raves for her turn opposite Will Forte in Fox’s TV show Last Man on Earth, has joined the cast of Universal Pictures’ Michelle Darnell, the Melissa McCarthy comedy currently in production in Atlanta.
Kristen Bell, Kathy Bates and Peter Dinklage are also in the film, which is being directed by McCarthy’s husband, Ben Falcone.
The script, written by McCarthy and Falcone alongside their Groundlings collaborator Steve Mallory, centers on a captain of industry who is sent to prison after she’s caught for insider trading. When she emerges ready to rebrand herself as America’s latest sweetheart with the help of a former assistant, not everyone she screwed over is so quick to forgive and forget.
Schaal will play a scout leader.
McCarthy and Falcone are producing through their On the Day Productions along with Will Ferrell and Adam McKay via their Gary Sanchez Productions. Gary Sanchez’s Chris Henchy is also producing. Kevin Messick is exec prodcuing.
Schaal, who appears on The Daily Show, can currently be heard voicing Bob’s Burgers and previously co-starred on 30 Rock and Flight of the Conchords.
She is represented by UTA and lawyer Jeff Endlich.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day