- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kristen Schaal, a correspondent on The Daily Show who recently did an arc on 30 Rock, is set to voice a character in Sony Pictures Animation’s Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers.
Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn are directing the movie, a sequel to 2009’s Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs that was based on the classic children’s book. Leftovers also will be set in the town where precipitation comes in the form of food.
Anna Faris, Bill Hader and Andy Samberg are expected to return to reprise their characters from the first film.
According to the studio, the story takes place after the events of the first movie, with the characters of Flint Lockwood and his friends forced to leave their town of Swallow Falls. When it is discovered that sentient food beasts have overrun the island, they are asked to return to save the world again.
While details remain locked in the fridge, Schaal’s character is described as an orangutan.
Kirk Bodyfelt (Open Season 2 & 3) is producing.
The movie is targeting a Feb. 7, 2014, release date.
Schaal, repped by UTA, Avalon Management Group and Morris Yorn, is one of the star voices in Fox’s Bob’s Burgers and did voice work in Toy Story 3.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen