- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kristen Stewart is the fairest them of all.
The Twilight star is in negotiations to star in Snow White and the Huntsman, putting her on the road to topline the movie alongside Viggo Mortensen and Charlize Theron for Universal’s take on the fairy tale.
The deal is not done and could still fall apart, but both sides want it to happen.
Stewart is a name that Universal kept coming back to since acquiring the project. Still, it went through a series of screen tests with actresses such as Riley Keough, Felicity Jones and Alicia Vikander. As The Hollywood Reporter previously reported, Stewart was still being courted as late as last week, and Universal finally made an offer over the weekend.
Commercial helmer Rupert Sanders is making his directorial debut on the pic, which amps up the action quotient from the fairy tale and plays up the relationship between White and the Huntsman. In the new scenario, when she is banished and on the run by the evil queen (Theron), the Huntsman (Mortensen) takes her under his wing to protect her, and she becomes his protege, learning how to fight and defend herself.
Stewart is repped by Gersh.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day