- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bryan Cranston, Mads Mikkelsen and Rebel Wilson are joining Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Seth Rogen and other original voice stars in DreamWorks Animation’s Kung Fu Panda 3.
Jennifer Yuh Nelson , who directed Kung Fu Panda 2, is back as helmer. Also returning are producer Melissa Cobb, executive producer Guillermo del Toro, co-producer Jeffrey Hermann and writers/co-producers Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger.
Plot details or character details were not revealed other than DWA saying it “follows Po, the chosen one, as he continues on his journey mastering the art of Kung Fu … and noodle slurping.”
PHOTOS: It’s a Zoo This Season: 23 Awards Contenders Featuring Animals
The movie is set for a Dec. 23, 2015, release and will be the first co-production with China-based Oriental DreamWorks. 20th Century Fox will distribute.
The first two Panda movies garnered animation Oscar nominations and grossed $1.3 billion at the global box office.
Cranston previously voiced a character in DWA’s Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, while Wilson lent her voice to Ice Age: Continental Drift. Panda 3 will be Mikkelsen’s first stab at voicing a major animated film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day